Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Volvo is increasing it's revenue.

As the Twilight Saga has become such phenomena of the last four years,it has also made a benefits to other companies.

In all four books Stephenie writes about Edward's car as about something special and Volvo got very lucky , that it was the one picked. Volvo is as protective as Edward in the book. It's always there, when you need protection and speed. Check out the Volvo commercial for the first movie:


"The nicest car here was a shiny Volvo, and it stood out"

"It was the shiny new Volvo. Of course"

"Edward Cullen was leaning against the front door of the Volvo, three cars down from me, and staring intently in my direction."

"The next morning, when I pulled into the parking lot, I deliberately parked as far as possible from the silver Volvo."

Volvo became a character and a big member of saga from the very first book. It continued to leave in the other shape in New Moon:

"against his polished silver Volvo"

The Volvo became the small detail of Edward's look. It was always silver and shinny.

And went back in Eclipse:

"the sun was glinting off a silver Volvo right on my tail."
"The Volvo followed inches behind me."
"I heard the Volvo's engine growl, and I struggled to get free."

However, the last book of The Twilight Saga: Breaking dawn doesn't open new opportunities for shinny new toy :

"So I was at a loss when I mashed the button on the keyless remote, and it was not his Volvo that beeped and flashed its lights for me."

Edward will still drive Volvo in the last movie, but there are a lot of other cars to introduce according to book. Bella will need to drive Aston Martin Vanquish.

Till that moment the Volvo concern is counting their revenues while Eclipse is breaking the theaters. By the Digital Cinema Media data, Volvo has increased its revenue for $ 1,5 million for the last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment